Join OCC in its celebration of Patriot Week, a weeklong event in remembrance of the September 11 attacks and the anniversary of the signing of the Constitution on September 17. Patriot Week events at OCC include:
• Join Chancellor Meyer in welcoming the Hon. Michael Warren to address the college community from noon to 1 p.m., Tuesday, September 17, in Room A-129 of the Southfield campus. Judge Warren will also speak that day from 3-4 p.m. in the Royal Oak campus Alcove. Gov. John Engler appointed Warren to the Oakland County Circuit Court in 2002. He was re-elected in 2004, 2006 and 2012. He currently serves as the Presiding Judge of the General Civil/Criminal Division. He is the author of “America’s Survival Guide, How to Stop America’s Impending Suicide by Reclaiming Our First Principles,” and is a former member of the State Board of Education and Chairman of Cornerstone Schools Association.
• Voter Registration Fair: Register to vote September 11-17, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Auburn Hills Student Center Cafeteria and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Highland Lakes Woodland Hall North, the Orchard Ridge Student Center Cafeteria, the Royal Oak Alcove and the Southfield Student LIFE Center.
• Receive a free copy of the U.S. constitution and other giveaways while supplies last at 11 a.m. in the Auburn Hills Student Center Cafeteria, the Student Center of the Highland Lakes Woodland Hall North, the Orchard Ridge Student Center Cafeteria and the Southfield Student LIFE Center. Arrive at 3 p.m. in the Royal Oak Alcove for their giveaway.
• Student LIFE will display an eight-foot banner of the U.S. constitution September 11-17 at each campus. The OCC community is invited to sign the banner and give their thoughts on what the constitution means to them between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily at the Auburn Hills Student Center, on the 1st floor of the Highland Lakes Woodland Hall North, in the lower level of the Orchard Ridge Student Center, at the Royal Oak Alcove and the Southfield Student LIFE Center.
• Join Auburn Hills Campus President Gordon May and Dean of Emergency Services Deborah Bayer for a moment of silence at noon on September 11 at the Auburn Hills Campus Student Center patio. The event will be followed by a “Putts for Patriots” fundraiser hosted by the Optimists student organization to support the Desert Angels, a nonprofit that sends care packages to members of the military serving overseas.
• In observance of the lives lost on September 11, 2001, join Student LIFE in taking the pledge to do a good deed on 9/11. Visit 911day.org for details.
For more information, contact Student LIFE at email@example.com.